LSC Accounting Ltd. your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains what personal data LSC Accounting Ltd. collects through our interactions with you and how we use that data.
This statement applies to LSC Accounting Ltd.’s interactions with you and the services listed below:
- Personal Data we collect
- How We Use Personal Data
- How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
Personal Data That We Collect
LSC Accounting Ltd. collects data to operate effectively and provide you with services suited to your needs. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you instruct our services and forward Accountancy, Financial or Personal information to our company.
We may also obtain data from third parties. We protect data obtained from third parties according to the practices described in this statement, plus any additional restrictions imposed by the source of the data. These third-party sources vary over time. But have included:
- Publicly available sources such as open government database or other data in the public domain.
- Investment Providers, Financial Institutions, Her Majesty’s Revenue & Customs (HMRC) – Information collected on your behalf with your expressed written authorization.
You have choices about the data we collect. When we ask you to provide personal data, you may decline, but if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to deliver our services, they may be limited.
The data we collect depends on the context of the services you require to be delivered from our company, the choices you make, including protecting your privacy, and the products and services you use. The data we collect can include the following:-
- Name and Contact Data - We collect your first name and last name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number and other similar contact data.
- Credentials – We collect security information used for authentication.
- Demographic Data – We collect data about you, such as your age, gender and country you reside in.
- Payment Data – We may collect data necessary to process payments, such as bank details and account information.
How We Use Personal Data
LSC Accounting Ltd. uses the data collected for three basic purposes:
- To operate our business
- Provide our service to you
- To send communications to you
In carrying out these purposes we collect data to give you information about our services and make personalised recommendations.
Providing and improving our products
We use data to provide and improve the services we offer and to improve essential business operations. This includes delivering our services, maintaining & improving the performance of our Services and products, developing our customer service, conducting research and providing customer support. Examples of such uses include the following:
- Providing Services- we use data to carry out your instructions and transactions with us and to provide our services to you. Often those services include personalised recommendations which are based on the data you have provided us with.
- Client support – To provide customer care and support services.
- Provision of Services – To provide our services that have been agreed with you.
- Service Improvement – To continually improve our services to you.
- Security, Safety and Dispute Resolution – To protect the security of our service, products and clients, to detect and prevent fraud, to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
- Business Operations – To develop, analyse and feed into business intelligence that enables us to operate, protect and make informed decisions and report on the performance of our business.
- Communications –To communicate with you and personalise our communications with you. For example, we may contact you by telephone or e-mail or other means to inform you when services are due for review, or products are due to renew, mature, or Options are due to be taken.
Reasons We May Share Personal Data
We may share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any product or service you have requested or authorised. For example, we share your content with third parties when you tell us to do so, such as when you send an update of change of personal address or contact details or forward an application to us to be forwarded to another agency (eg HMRC) on your behalf.
In addition, we share personal data with agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.
We will access, transfer, disclose and preserve personal data when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- Comply with ICAEW Regulations, applicable law or respond to valid legal processes, including from law enforcement or other government agencies.
- Protect our customers, for example, to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of our services.
- Operate and maintain the security of our services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or protect the rights or property of LSC Accounting Ltd., including enforcing the terms governing the use of our services; however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property belonging to LSC Accounting Ltd., we will not inspect a customer’s private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to relevant legal enforcement bodies.
Please note that some of our services may attach links to products/services of third parties whose privacy practices differ from LSC Accounting Ltd. If you provide personal data to any of those products/bodies, your data is governed by their privacy statements.
How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
You can request to view, edit or delete your personal data by contacting our office, in writing, at 6 Westbourne Terrace, Shiney Row, Sunderland, DH4 4QT.
Creating and using a personal account with a third party site
If you set up accounts to log in and access your financial information with a government body, or company we have introduced you to, the third party can use or share the data it receives when you sign in or make a purchase according to its own practices and policies. You should carefully review the privacy statement for each service/product you sign into and each provider you purchase from to determine how it will use the data it collects.
Other Important Privacy Information
European Privacy Rights
LSC Accounting Ltd. adheres to applicable data protection laws in the European Economic Area, which, where applicable include the following rights:
If the processing of personal data is based on your consent, you have a right to withdraw consent at any time for future processing;
- You have a right to request from us, a “data controller” as defined in the law, access to and rectification of your personal data;
- You have a right to object to the processing of your personal data; and
- You have a right to lodge a complaint with a data protection authority.
When we process personal data about you, we do so with your consent and/or as necessary to provide the services/products you use, operate our business, meet our contractual and legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfill other legitimate interests of LSC Accounting Ltd., as described in the “How We Use Personal Data” and “Reasons We Share Personal Data” sections above.
Security of Personal Data
LSC Accounting Ltd. is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Where We Store and Process Personal Data
Personal data collected by LSC Accounting Ltd. are held either in a secure location or in a cloud-based system with standard security protocols. We take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable UK & EU law.
Retention of Personal Data
LSC Accounting Ltd. retains personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the transactions you have requested, complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. These needs can vary for different data types in the context of different products, actual retention periods can vary significantly. The criteria used to determine the retention periods include:
- Is the personal data needed to provide the products and operate our business? This includes such things as maintaining and improving the performance of those services & products, keeping our systems secure and maintaining appropriate business and financial records. This is the general rule that establishes the baseline for most data retention periods.
- If the personal data is of a sensitive type? If so, a shortened retention time would generally be appropriate.
- LSC Accounting Ltd. is subject to legal, contractual or similar obligations. Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation or data that must be retained for the purposes of a complaint. For example, for Accountancy work, records are held for 6 years.
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We will update this privacy statement when necessary to reflect customer feedback, changes in our services/products and where we are required to by law. If there are material changes to the statement, or in how LSC Accounting Ltd. will use your personal data, we contact you directly before the changes come into effect. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how LSC Accounting Ltd. is protecting your information.
How to Contact Us
If you have a privacy concern, complaint or a question for the Data Controller of LSC Accounting Ltd., please contact us by using our Contact form for LSC Accounting Ltd., https://www.lscaccounting.co.uk/contact
Unless otherwise stated, LSC Accounting Ltd. is a data controller for the personal data we collect through the services/products subject to this statement. Our address is LSC Accounting Ltd., 7 Westbourne Terrace, Shiney Row, Sunderland, DH4 4QT.